LENZ/LENTZ - Need help/advice researching great grandmother

LENZ/LENTZ - Need help/advice researching great grandmother

Av0cado
I’ve been researching my ancestry and am having a hard time finding info and locating resources to help me  find any confirming info about my great grandmother and the connections from her to her parents and siblings. I appreciate any advice that helps me understand German genealogy better and research more effectively.

Her name in Mathilde Lenz/Lentz born March 1893 possibly in Russia but there is conflicting information between Russia and Germany. Her parents from my understanding were Wilhelm  Lentz (how it’s spelt in Canada) 1869-1969 and her mother who I can’t  find any information about is  Henrietta Agata/Agathe? Fenske. She passed a little younger and never came to Canada. Wilhelm went on to marry again and have more children and moved to Canada. But I can’t locate any info linking Mathilde/Matilda to her father or siblings except for a potential 1st confirmation record. She also comes to Canada on her own a little after her father.

I’m not sure if the last name is Lenz or Lentz or how/if it changed when used in Canada/America.

I’m trying to find concrete evidence of her and her mother and make some connections further than what’s on ancestry as all info there is either out there by me or I’ve seen it all. I would love some advice, resources and suggestions on how to possible find more info especially when she was born and where etc.

I appreciate any and all help!

Re: LENZ/LENTZ - Need help/advice researching great grandmother

Allan Cole
The name on the record of confirmation is Lenz though I have seen a similar name ending in z written as tz.
It is a pity the church name is not clearer. It does mention and Agathe in the German record.
The name Mathilde does not seem to be mentioned in the post though clearly daughter of Wilhelm Lenz.
I am not an expert but I hope this helps.

Re: LENZ/LENTZ - Need help/advice researching great grandmother

berliner_genealogy
I am a professional genealogist and was born and raised in Germany. I woud love to help you with your research. Shoot me an email, if you are interested!
berliner.genealogy@gmail.com