Church Records

mnuetzel
Church Records
Is there anyone familiar with the content of the church records of St. Leonard's of Port Maurice and Most Holy Trinity in Brooklyn?

The requested the records that I received consisted of:
Groom's Name
Bride's Name
Date
Priests Name
and Witness Names.

What I was hoping to receive was: home town, dates of birth, parents names, occupations, etc., the sort of things I am finding in my research of German church records in this same time period.

Is there more information in these records?

Thank you,
Martin

Re: Church Records

Don Eckerle
There is not much info in the Church records. Sometimes there may be a little more than what you received. When requesting a record from a Church, request a copy of the full record not just a transcript of the record. The information on the transcript form does not always contain space for all the info available in the records.  Sometimes a larger donation might help. :-)

Re: Church Records

GGG-Forum
There is usually more information within the marriage records than is provided by the church. You can ask for the full record but you will not receive it from either of these churches, no matter how big your check.
I suggest you send the record information found within our database (Book #, page, record, etc.) to GermanGenealogy@optonline.net and ask for the full record. ~ Liz

Re: Church Records

Richard Haberstroh
What MHT marriage are you interested in?  If you send me the names and approximate dates (and your email) to my email, I can see if I can help.

Richard

haberstroh.r@gmail.com