official Swiss family record (German)

aschmidlin
I recently obtained an official family record of my Swiss ancestors from the state archives in the Canton of Basel (Switzerland).  It is, of course, written in German.   I am unfamiliar with the format of the record and of course need a translation from German to English.  On top of it, the writing is tiny.
Does anyone have experience with Swiss records?  The archivist advised that I can search the old Church records on my own at the following url: kirchenbuecher-ar.ch
 But, since it's in German, it seems to be beyond my capabilities, Has anyone used that website before?