West Neck Cemetery Huntington NY

Joe Schlosser
I just received the death certificate from NYS for my 2nd great grandfather Friedrich Maurer who died Nov 12 1896 in Huntington NY.

The certificate states that he was buried in the "West Neck Cemetery" on Nov 15, funeral director  a Thomas Brusk.
I am aware of three cemeteries in the Huntington area but cannot locate the West Neck Cemetery.
If there is a stone, I hope that I might find out the name of his second wife who supposedly died after the family moved to Huntington around 1875 from Manhattan. His third wife may be buried there also.
Maybe it is one of these small roadside cemeteries that one often sees.
Can any one help me with the location of this Cemetery??

Thanks in Advance
Joe

Re: West Neck Cemetery Huntington NY

Michael Hand #4034
Joe -
You might want to try the St. Patrick's Cemetery located in Lloyds Harbor on Huntington Road and
WEST NECK Road.  It is up behind the Huntington Golf Club.  The possibility is that the locals called it the "West Neck Cemetery" because of its location.

Best regards
Mike

Re: West Neck Cemetery Huntington NY

Joe Schlosser
Mike
Thanks, you were right on. The name was originally West Neck and then changed to St Patrick's sometime after 1900.

Joe