The Bradische gelbe Dragoner

cstreck
I ran across a newspaper clipping from 8 Mar 1894 in The Brooklyn Daily Eagle that shows this group being incorporated. My grandfather is listed as a "trustee." Does anyone have any idea what this might have been?Thanks

Re: The Bradische gelbe Dragoner

Allan Cole
Not sure that this is much help but there is an Inn in Schmalkalden, Germany called " Zum gelben Dragoner".

Re: The Bradische gelbe Dragoner

cstreck
Thanks It appears to be some sort of social club. The newspaper clipping indicates it was being incorporated in NY

Re: The Bradische gelbe Dragoner

Futse
It would be important to see the entire text or have a link to the newspaper article. Also the name of the grandfather would be important to find a context.

He may have been a military man in the "Badischen Gelben Dragoner Regiment".

Re: The Bradische gelbe Dragoner

cstreck
Thanks for your reply. I've been out of town the last two weeks, thus my delayed response.

This was published in the 8 Mar 1894 edition of the Brooklyn Daily Eagle. It's a short article so here it is (with spelling as in the article):

THE BRADISCHE GELBE DRAGONER, ETC.
The certificate of incorporation of the Bradische gelbe dragoner Escadron No 1 von Brooklyn was to-day filed with County Clerk Cottier. The society is a social and military one and in English will be known as the First squadron of Bodenian. yellow dragoons of Brooklyn. The trustees ar Raimund Muller, Hermann Ballweg, Frank Hebenstreit, Christian Bischoff, Gustav Weiss, Isidore Streck and Otto Fieger.

That's it. Isidore was my grandfather. He was 40 in 1894. My father was born the next year.

Thanks for any additional information you might have.

Chris Streck

Though again probably not a lot of help. It would seem that the military side of the organisation was in some way linked to German cavalry .

Re: The Bradische gelbe Dragoner

Allan Cole
 This may or may not help but as the society had a military side try Wikipedia but use Badisches Dragoner- Regiment Nr 21. There seems to be a plaque of some sort  at Schloss Bruchsal. It looks like they were garrisoned in the Mannheim Karlsruhe area and were perhaps dragoons or lancers. I assume the social side may have been a group of former military men, Though the social side is a guess.

Re: The Bradische gelbe Dragoner

berliner_genealogy
I am a professional genealogist and was born and raised in Germany. I woud love to help you with your research. Shoot me an email, if you are interested!
berliner.genealogy@gmail.com