Seedorf/Schmalz relatives from Osterholz-Scharmbeck

Seedorf/Schmalz relatives from Osterholz-Scharmbeck

Steve Cornell
I'm hoping someone might have information on this rather problematic relative. I haven't been able to locate her vitals through OFB or Church scans so far. I have located her on a few family trees, but they are not sourced. Anna was allegedly born 30 Jan 1879 in Buschhausen, Hannover, Prussia, and married Johann Hinrich Schmalz about 1897 in Scharmbeck. She died in 1961 in Osterholz-Schambeck. Her parents are Martin and Betha (Koeper) Seedorf, both born about 1843. I am looking for any sources (civil, church or other) that links her to her parents and also her child, Johann Eberhard Schmalz, born 20 Apr 1900 in Buschhausen, died 23 Jan1963 in Osterholz - Scharmbeck. He is buried with his wife in Friedhof Scharmbeck. The birth date is from the headstone. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Seedorf/Schmalz relatives from Osterholz-Scharmbeck

Deborah Luttenberger
Hi Scott,

Came across your post while working at the FHC.  I did some digging and found 3 sons born to Martin Seedorf and Betha (Beta) Voller Kocher.

Sons are as follows:

Johann Eberhard Seedorf b. 2 Apr 1868 Lesum, Hannover, Germany (Parish, Hamburg)
Johann Hinrich Seedorf b. 19 Feb 1870 Lesum, Hannover, Germany (Parish, Hamburg)
Martin Diedrich Seedorf b. 1 Oct 1871 Lesum, Hannover, Germany (Parish, Hamburg)

Here's a link to that info:
https://www.familysearch.org/search/record/results?surname=Seedorf&father_givenname=Martin%20&father_surname=Seedorf&film_number=953308&count=20&offset=0

These births can all be found on FamilySearch film number 953308.  Not sure if you found these or not.  There is approx 7 years between these children and Anna.  Lesum is about 13 km from Buschhausen.  So not terribly far.

I did find Betha's baptisms record based on the info you provided.  Her baptism record indicates that she was born Unehelich (illegitimate) so Betha (often Beta in records) was given her Mother's maiden name of Voller.  Not sure if that has anything to do with not locating Anna's baptism/birth record.  I'll dig a little more while I'm here today and let you know if I find anything.

Debby