Searching for immigration information.

Chuckm22
My Great Great Grandfather, Nicholas Dienst was born in "Prussia" about 1799 and and was in Wilmot, Waterloo Region, Ontario, Canada in the 1830's when he married Barbara Unziekeer (listed as "Hunsiter" in the german newspaper in the area at the time) on January 2, 1838. I am looking for suggestions to help my search for information on his immigration to the US and / or Canada that may eventually lead me to his place and specific date of birth in Prussia / Germany.

I have uncovered a Johan Nikel Dienst born January 18, 1799 in Spesbach, Bayern, Germany that may be the Dienst I am looking for, however I have not been able to link him to Canada or the US. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Chuck Murray

Re: Searching for immigration information.

Kelly Vogel-Cooper
Have you tried to e-mail the Waterloo Historical Society - trust me, they are VERY good at responding - I have a TON of my family, from Alsace, who live in that entire area.

Kelly Vogel-Cooper
cooperkvrs@verizon.net
GGG #3455

Re: Searching for immigration information.

Chuckm22
Kelly,

Thanks very much for  your suggestion. I contacted the Waterloo Historical Society, The University of Waterloo Library Archives, and Waterloo Generations. The Generations site was able to provide a copy of a German Newspaper with a brief article about the marriage of my Great Great Grandfather. All the people contacted were VERY helpful.

Have you tried to e-mail the Waterloo Historical Society - trust me, they are VERY good at responding - I have a TON of my family, from Alsace, who live in that entire area.

Kelly Vogel-Cooper
[hidden email]
GGG #3455

http://german-genealogy-group-forum.78031.x6.nabble.com/Searching-for-immigration-information-tp8174p8176.html
To unsubscribe from Searching for immigration information., click here.
NAML