Researching my family - ettwein Advice?

Jim Ettwein
Ettwein research
I’m not looking for someone to do this research for me. But, I was wondering if anyone on GGG could make a recommendation, or two, on the best approach to follow. (I’m going to review the documents on this site for advice as well… but I always appreciate human interaction and advice. (Probably from my career as a management consultant.)

So, below are three men from my family tree. They are presented in succession order going backward. The Ettwein family were early Protestants and were very much involved as Moravians. They were instrumental in bringing that religion to colonial America. Johannes Ettwein (1721-1802) was this person. There were other Moravians, of course, but Johannes was a leader in the religion in America.

Matthias (was Matthaus) Ettwein - 6GG
B:1694 St Georgen im Schwarzwald, Schwarzwald-Baar-Kreis, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
D:31 March 1771 Freudenstadt, Baden Wurttemberg, Allemagne

I’m fairly certain of Matthaus’ connection in my tree, but things seem a bit fuzzy with Joseph, and Jean Audouin
The link to Jean Audouin is the most interesting to me, as I engaged a researcher when I was assembling data for admission to the Sons of the American Revolution. I was admitted last year.

I think I need to find out Joseph’s parents’ names, whether it’s Jean A or not. I think Jean A’s background was leaving France, perhaps as a Huguenot and settling in Germany.

Joseph Ettwein - 7GG
B:1650 St Georgen im Schwarzwald, Schwarzwald-Baar-Kreis, Baden-Württemberg, Germany

Jean Audouin - 8GG
B:6 Dec 1637 Saint-Étienne, Toulouse, Haute-Garonne, France
D:

Re: Researching my family - ettwein Advice?

Allan Cole
I have no knowledge of your name but have you tried the Baden Württemberg Facebook group. The German Genealogy Group have mentors and translators who may help .

Re: Researching my family - ettwein Advice?

Jim Ettwein
Thanks for the tip. I've been there, I'll re-acquaint myself.