Obtaining records

nrudolph1228
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Obtaining records

BVLOCKER
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Obtaining records

Natalie
Thank you Bob, I tried the link but, does not seem to work. I will check on Cyndislist to see if I can find it.

Re: Obtaining records

Ralph Thadeus
Google this:  Verlustlisten 2. Weltkrieg

Re: Obtaining records

Natalie
Ralph,

Thank you! I was able to get onto the site. I looked through many records but, they seem to be for fallen soldiers. My ancestor was captured by Russians and was thankfully able to live until the 1980s. I appreciate your help!

Natalie

Re: Obtaining records

Ralph Thadeus
Try Google.de and look through all the stuff that comes up.  I am pretty sure there was a sight mentioned that applied to Russian POWs.  I that doesn't work Google Russian POW.

Re: Obtaining records

Ralph Thadeus
For POWs of the Soviets, here is a good place to start.  It's in German.  Check out the links portion.

http://dokst.de

Re: Obtaining records

Marie V Melchiori
The National Archives in College Park, MD has a collection of Captured German Records as part of RG 242 [Record Group 242]. Some are on microfilm. The "Guide to Federal Records in National Archives" < https://www.archives.gov/research/guide-fed-records/groups/242.html> will list some of the available records. I d not know if any of them have been digitized. It may mean writing to NARA, hiring a researcher or going to the facility to search for yourself.