Need help with attached document

fdehmel
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Need help with attached document

sabine
Administrator
Hello Fred,

The file name looks to me like a signature from a library or archive.
Since all the places are in the district of Opava / Troppau, Czech I would try it here
https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/Opava_Land_Archives,_Czech_Republic

I would read there also Oberbretmühl, but I could not find a place with this name (also different variants did not come up with a result). I would copy the name and try it in different online libraries, like hathitrust, google.books, archive.org etc.

Maybe, for example, these links help to locate a place:
https://books.google.com/books?id=1_0gzcI1A2wC&pg=PA531&dq=Opava&hl=de&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjD-9SDsv_vAhXLWc0KHX2nBqYQuwUwAXoECAMQCg#v=onepage&q=Opava&f=false

https://books.google.com/books?id=ORMkAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA87&dq=Opava&hl=de&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjjrZPRrP_vAhVYCM0KHaWoCIsQ6AEwAnoECAEQAg#v=onepage&q=Brezova&f=false

There are also historical maps available from the area where you could try.
https://www.oldmapsonline.org/en/Opava
https://mapire.eu/en/geoname/czechia/kopec-opava-zlatniky-11874946/

Since the records are in latin and “ex” means “from” I would think that the person is from Kamena. The original records seem to be very old so I also would take into consideration that the name changed and could be, for example, Kamenec?

I hope it helps!

Sabine

CONTENTS DELETED

sabine

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Need help with attached document

sabine
Hello Fred,

Just a few thoughts to the place you are looking for. I was thinking about all kind of variants (Oberbreitmühl, Oberbentmühl, Oberbretmühl etc.), also in leaving out the part “Ober-”, which can actually also just mean something like “Upper-”, like in Upper-Valley.

Now go to the German Genealogy website https://meta.genealogy.net/ . Fill in the field for “last name” the name Demel. It will come up with a long list of Demel, among them Anna Maria and Anna Barbara Demel, both born in 1642, 1643 in Brettmühl.
https://www.online-ofb.de/famreport.php?ofb=platten&ID=I07063
https://www.online-ofb.de/namelist.php?nachname=DEMEL&ofb=platten&modus=&lang=de
https://www.online-ofb.de/platten/?lang=de

Brettmühl/Bretmuhl is in the same area.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pila_(Pot%C5%AF%C4%8Dky)
https://www.google.com/maps/place/360+01+Pila,+Czechia/@50.1829549,12.7942008,11z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x47a09c4bcb61e887:0x400af0f66164580!8m2!3d50.179693!4d12.9258726?hl=en

Parish registers from Brettmühl and area you can find here
https://www.portafontium.eu/contents/register/soap-pn/cirkev-rimskokatolicka/horni-blatna

When you google Brettmühl you will get several links which might help. Unfortunately the most is in German, but when you can copy the text and use google.translate, maybe you can make sense out of it. In case you need more help let me know.

Sabine

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Need help with attached document

sabine
Administrator
Hello Fred,

Yes,  it looks the links do not work anymore. They show now “expired”.

Let’s try the following, so you can maybe find other records if you want:
1. Go to https://digi.archives.cz/da/

2. Fill in the Search section:  1643-1806 Brezova Domoradovice Derne

3. Click on “search” or push “enter”.

4. The parish register with the inventory number 617 containing your records should come up. Now click on the little tree on the left side or on the right side comes the little icon for a picture when you move the cursor over the paper clip. The parish register has 271 pages. To go directly to your page 42 click in the little white field on the top next to the number 271 and enter the number 42 in there.

Here is the direct link again, but it might also show expired very fast.
https://digi.archives.cz/da/PaginatorMedia.action?rowTxt=42&_sourcePage=dtCJ86z11GgFPFUewjwJGBAJxaZd0wBBtmRZZBmHvXMHOHruCg-KZnp-GkmChO8U1C2sbxhWAjRQUIuRe_dXeewDacpwAAh3PWhbGcx2qXU%3D&__fp=n02X8q5Dz38HGMo5v6Ijyk9TU2u847cSHcu5Tn7-89L4_4BAbSsuzx1EoNV5jZnv

Hope it helps!

Sabine