Need help researching my 2nd great grandmother - HENRIETTA FENSKE

Need help researching my 2nd great grandmother - HENRIETTA FENSKE

Sophi3
Hello everyone, I'm new here and posting in hopes of getting some help researching my 2nd great grandmother Henrietta Fenske. I have little to no information she even existed and have exhausted all websites such as Ancestry, family search along with many other websites, but it's difficult to navigate some when I have so little to go on and am missing some information. I feel I'm missing something or some knowledge I haven't learned yet of European history. I'm familiar with the border changes of the past along with other history but am still learning and hope someone can help me get past this brick wall! I continuously make efforts to educate myself to better help my research but it seems I'm a little lost and am missing something here.

Below are the details I know.

Any and all information, tips, resources and advice to help me over this wall are greatly appreciated!

Henrietta Agathe/Agata Fenske (B. 1870 D. 1906)
She likely passes away in Poland and was born in Germany but I've yet to confirm that along with how she passed so young.

I've found no record of her marriage to Wilhelm or birth of any of her children in Europe that I can confidently say are accurate nor do I know specifically where she was born or where she passed. All I have is Mathildes confirmation in Germany I think, that is the only accurate record I have in Germany with her name.

Henrietta is seen in Canadian marriage records of a couple of her kids with one she's listed as Agata.

Husband :
Wilhelm Lentz (B. 1869 D. 1946 in Alberta Canada.

Also his name has been posted on Ancestry and such as Wilhelm Friedrich Gustav Lentz but I have some reservations about the name and the order.

His death certificate says he was born in Poland but I assume given his DOB this was not Poland at the time of his birth.

Children :
Mathilda/Mathilde
Ludwig Louis
Heinrich
Emilie
Otto (said to have passed at 2 years old)
Possibly stillborn

Mathilde, Ludwig, Heinrich and Emilie all came to Canada but no records connecting Mathilde with her father Wilhelm.

Re: Need help researching my 2nd great grandmother - HENRIETTA FENSKE

Allan Cole
My Name is Allan Cole. I was looking at your post RE: Henrietta Fenske and noticed it is similar to an earlier post about the Lenz Lentz name. Please accept my apologies if this message does not help but the post names seem different. Sorry I cannot be more help.

Re: Need help researching my 2nd great grandmother - HENRIETTA FENSKE

razumihin
Hi, Sophi2, this is Alan Leidner in Louisville.

Have you tried the Verein für Computergenealogie (Society for Computer Genealogy)?  Their website is:   https://www.compgen.de

It's easy to do a "Meta Search" there, which submits the names you type in to a couple dozen databases at once, including one that's linked to their members' family trees.  Back in 2010 that's how I made a significant breakthrough when I was starting to trace the German side of my family.

Re: Need help researching my 2nd great grandmother - HENRIETTA FENSKE

berliner_genealogy
I am a professional genealogist and was born and raised in Germany. I woud love to help you with your research. Shoot me an email, if you are interested!
berliner.genealogy@gmail.com