Melchior Gerhard(t)

Matthias Uthoff
Looking for any and all information on a German immigrant:
Melchior Gerhard(t) born about 1822.  Found in New York city:
1860 city directory Melchior Gerhard beer 256 Delancey
1870 census Melchior Gerhard (Bavaria) and Mary (nee Schmitt) (H-D) 2 sons Adam 15 born N.Y & Nicolaus 7 born N.Y.
We think he may have married Mary Schmitt in New York as she states born in Hesse-Darmstadt.
She is listed as widow by 1880.
We would like if anyone can check if there are any marriage license indexes in 1850=1860 to show if they were married in the city.  Any death indexes, cemetery indexes (did not find in Find A grave), or any NYC resource that may help to locate this family and birthplace of Melchior.