Looking for birth/baptism in Udenhausen from 1826 - Ideas?

Looking for birth/baptism in Udenhausen from 1826 - Ideas?

vncns
This post was updated on .
Hello everyone, I am looking for the birth/baptism of Peter Specht from 04.12.1826.

I have a family tree that has been with my family for some time and here is some info from it:

He was born in Udenhausen, but I found different places with this name (it only has "Udenhausen" written in there). Other members of the family were born in Hübingen and Oppenhausen, what makes me believe that the Udenhausen in Boppard would be the right one due to the proximity with the other 2 districts mentioned.

He married to Maria Marg. Hastenpflug in 10.09.1856 in Udenhausen as well. His father J. Phillip Specht was born in 27.08.1762 and his mother Ana M. Seus was born in 26.10.1783. They married in Udenhausen as well. His grandfather (the father of J. Phillip) was also called Peter Specht and was born in Hübingen in 25.03.1729 and was married to Maria Esch. The date of the matrimony is 31.01.1758.

Any tips on how to find it or where to look for it?

Re: Looking for birth/baptism in Udenhausen from 1826 - Ideas?

Futse
It is always important to specify the religion when searching in Germany in order to narrow down the search.

I have looked in the protestant church records of the relevant period for the places Udenhausen (Hofgeismar) and Udenhausen (Alsfeld) and there the family name Specht does not occur.

Therefore your assumption on Udenhausen (Boppard) is probably correct.

Udenhausen is today one of ten districts of the city of Boppard in the Rhein-Hunsrueck-Kreis in Rhineland-Palatinate.
Unfortunately, no civil registers or church records can be found online for this place.

Civil status registers are kept at the respective registry office for a period of 110 years (birth register), 80 years (marriage register) or 30 years (death register).
After the expiry of these periods, they are archive material and are handed over to the relevant archive.
In the present case, that would be the Landeshauptarchiv in Koblenz.

You may request the desired certificat there:

LANDESARCHIVVERWALTUNG RHEINLAND-PFALZ/
LANDESHAUPTARCHIV KOBLENZ

Karmeliterstr. 1/3
56068 Koblenz

E-Mail: LHAKo-Kommunale-Archivpflege@lav.rlp.de
Homepage: www.landeshauptarchiv.de

You might also check https://gedbas.genealogy.net/person/database/65244
a database from Hans Dieter Kneip.

You will not find your Peter Specht there, but you will find many persons with the surname Specht or Hastenpflug in the villages you mentioned.

Re: Looking for birth/baptism in Udenhausen from 1826 - Ideas?

vncns
Thanks a lot for your reply @Futse!

I understand the importance of the religion information to narrow it down, but unfortunately I didn't have that data. Thanks for taking the time to search the protestant records! I really appreciate it.

When I posted this message here I also posted it in Reddit (r/Genealogy) and some people also gave me some good information there. The link you sent from GEDBAS actually do have the Peter I was looking for! i was so happy when I saw it. Apparently my timing was very good to find this info online: it was recently submitted there this month. Also, the date for his birth that I had was wrong by a year: he was born in 1827. This file someone shared in the post is from Koblenz indeed, and I was able to find a scan of his birth in this website.

In the database (GEDBAS) I was able to track down his father, grandfather, grand-grandfather and grand-grand-grandfather! Including their siblings and further. All thanks to the info submitted by Hans Dieter Kneip. I even sent him an e-mail thanking him and asked if he had any tips on finding any data before that (we are now talking of a birth around 1620 according to the database, for Anton Specht). He replied that the data was from the "Bopparder Bürgerbuch - 3.Band - Die Ortsbezirke Bucholz, Herschwiesem, Oppenhausen und Udenhausen", and that "the authors of this family book are very thorough. Further data couldn't be determined", unfortunately.

In the future I plan a trip to the region and will certainly pay a visit to the Landeshauptarchiv in Koblenz to see if I can find something else. I will also get in touch via e-mail.

Thanks again for all the information you shared. Thanks to this I was able to find so much more than my family knew all these years, and they will be so happy once I share it with them.

Re: Looking for birth/baptism in Udenhausen from 1826 - Ideas?

Futse
Glad I could help - it was my pleasure

Re: Looking for birth/baptism in Udenhausen from 1826 - Ideas?

berliner_genealogy
I am a professional genealogist and was born and raised in Germany. I woud love to help you with your research. Shoot me an email, if you are interested!
berliner.genealogy@gmail.com