Deutsche Dienststell Berlin

Ralph Thadeus
The original spelling of our name was TADEUS (no H).  Not many used as a surname
Grandfather came from a small East (about 300) Prussian town called Farienen.

When searching the German Verlustlisten 1. Weltkrieg I came across the name Gustav Tadeus from Farienen on page 9834 and then on page 10633.  I though the Germans were pretty good a record keeping so I contacted the DD by both email and regular mail trying to find out who the Next-of-Kin was.  With such an uncommon surname and from such a small tow, I was pretty sure this had to be a relative of my Grandfather.  There answer was that I had to give them Gustav's birthdate.  Over and over again I explained that the MIA/KIA listing was all I had.  Any one know how to get around this problem?