Carl Nebe - Immigration in 1893 (Ellis Island) ; How could I find traces of him in NYC?

Carl Nebe - Immigration in 1893 (Ellis Island) ; How could I find traces of him in NYC?

Raimo Riedel
Dear members of the GGG,

My ancestor Carl Nebe left Saxony (Germany) for the US in 1893, according to the passenger list. He wanted to stay in NYC, but probably left in 1895. I want to ask you - do you have any advice, how I could  find information about his 2 years in NYC (records, files etc.) He was carpenter by profession.

I would be glad if somebody could help me. You could write to my email-adress, too, if you prefer that:

raimoriedel@gmx.de

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Raimo

Re: Carl Nebe - Immigration in 1893 (Ellis Island) ; How could I find traces of him in NYC?

Christy
Have you tried looking for him in city directories?