Brooklyn Death Certificate Conundrum .. 1868

Brooklyn Death Certificate Conundrum .. 1868

madgalb
My GG GF, Hieronymus Rothaar, died 16 October, 1868/Bklyn.  He is in the GGG NYC Death Index with surname misspelled as H. Rothhaar, 67, +16 Oct.,1868, Bklyn Cert.#7815, GS film 1323673.

LDS did this filming, yet when I try to get a transcript of his DC, I get no results on FS.  What I get instead is a DC for his baby grandson who died the same year, but whose info is entirely different, i.e., John Hieronymus Rothaar, 0, died 22 June, 1868, Bklyn Cert.#3640, GS film #1323671 and this child IS NOT EVEN IN THE INDEX!  What's going on here???

Anyone have any explanation of why I can't pull up a certificate that is in the index? and does anyone know if and how you can search with film and certificate number only?

Re: Brooklyn Death Certificate Conundrum .. 1868

Janice
Family search lists Name Heronimus Rathhaas

Re: Brooklyn Death Certificate Conundrum .. 1868

madgalb
Hi Janice -

Thanks so much for responding to my query.  That Rothaar name was always so bungled, it is no wonder they later shortened it to ROTHAR.  You are a genius for finding it under 'Rathhaas'.  I did locate it, and right under that death entry, was another for a grandson who died a year later.  That one was 'Rathas'.  It's a wonder we ever find anything, isn't t it?  Thanks again.