Anna Maria Meienhofer and Joseph Bruckschlager in Bavaria - please help

Anna Maria Meienhofer and Joseph Bruckschlager in Bavaria - please help

Debra Briggs
This post was updated on .
I'm a new member and I am looking for my great-great grandmother Anna Maria Meienhofer and her son Joseph Bruckschlager. Per family lore Anna Maria b. 1824 married a Charles Bruscheler or Buscheler and had 1 son, Joseph b. 1839. Charles died in a duel and Anna Maria remarried Thomas Jehl.

Anna Maria, Thomas, and Joseph all list their birth places as Bavaria in all US documents that I have seen.

There is a Thomas Jehl I found, from this group's search engine, who put an add in the Regensburg newspaper in 1846, but I'm not sure if this is Anna Maria's second husband or not.

The only other clue I have is the name of a town called "Bellenhof" written in a Chicago Catholic church baptism record for Joseph's birthplace.

Does anyone know where to start looking?

*Can anyone recommend a good and reasonably priced genealogist in Bavaria who might be able to find the answers I seek?*

Thank you,

Debra