1917 New York State Military Census and Inventory

1917 New York State Military Census and Inventory

Jerry Nutter
I see the data extracted from "The Herald" here at GGG, but has anyone looked into these ledgers found by Gilbert Tauber of the Bloomingdale Neighborhood Historical Group?

"Earlier this year, while doing some research at the New York County Clerk’s office, I noticed a stack of large-format volumes bound in bright red cloth. I learned that they were records from a statewide military census that was conducted in June 1917.
​"The volumes consisted of bound, typewritten ledger sheets listing names, addresses, ages, occupations, marital status, and much other information for most of the adult male population of Manhattan. According to the Bruce Abrams, the longtime archivist there, these volumes have never been published or digitized."

Full details here: https://www.upperwestsidehistory.org/blog/1917-new-york-military-census